Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More.



In almost everything in my life I want more.
Food, friends, time, energy, money, shoes.

It seems I am never satisfied.
Except for in one area:  God.

It is sad to say but too often I am satisfied with the bare minimum of God.

I only want the surface level knowledge.
Just a few minutes of prayer or in the word.

But it doesn't stop there.
Even when I do press in and spend more than just a few spare minutes with God, I wait until I learn something- anything really- and then I am done.

It is like hearing from God becomes just another item on my list of things to check off.

Personally I am not happy about that.
I wonder if I think that God is done speaking to me... and He isn't. He just wanted me to spend a little more time with him. He had more he wanted to share with me. 

God is pleased with every bit that I give to Him, but I think He wants more of me.

The Creator of the Universe wants more of me... yet here I am wanting more food, friends, time, energy, money, and shoes.

It is time that I want more of Him.

So I deem this: The Summer of More.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm . . . so true. I've been struggling with this a lot lately, not wanting enough of Him, being satisfied with far too little. I need to want more of Him instead of more of every lesser thing. Thank you for sharing this! Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete