How did the great revivalists of the days of old write of what they experienced?
I imagine their journals empty of any great detail of what God was doing, but rather filled with praise for Him.
Overwhelmed with the desire to share and yet no words express.
So I will begin with the words of any great tale:
Let me tell you a story...
That is how it happened yesterday.
Sitting on my living room floor,
with two friends from high school
attentively listening to my words:
“Let me tell you a story…”
for the next hour they didn't leave.
they couldn't leave,
I didn't force them to stay,
they just wanted to listen to the story.
Then this morning,
back at my Alma Mater talking to high school students.
tired & disinterested
until
“Let me tell you a story…”
I felt them all lean in and listen.
The atmosphere of the room changed and they heard.
So.
Let me tell you a story.
You have probably heard it before.
It's about Jesus.
He was born of a virgin.
grew up to a death on a cross,
but not before an agonizing night in Gethsemane
where He sweat drops of blood
As He prayed:
“that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me,
and I in you”
He died.
Was buried.
Conquered death and rose to life on the third day.
And now he is seated in Heaven where he is interceding for
us,
Waiting to come back again.
That is who we celebrate this Christmas.
Jesus is who we celebrate at Christmas.
His story leaves me speechless.
It never ceases to leave me speechless, either. Thank you for sharing, Beth! I miss you!!!
ReplyDelete