Disclaimer: This post may be offensive.
Tonight at the Well we were all encouraged to take our shoes off as we worshiped God's infinite holiness. As the worship leader began to take off his shoes as an example I looked around to see if other people were following his lead. I wanted to see if they were before I did. Had they not, I may not have taken my shoes off, I am not sure.
After taking off my shoes, I looked at the couple seated in front of me. The girl looked to her boyfriend to see if he was going to take his shoes off.
He didn't, so she didn't.
It didn't matter to her that everyone else in the room was barefoot.
He wasn't, so she wasn't.
This bothered me.
Not because I was judging them, because as I mention in the first paragraph I too looked around before I took my shoes off.
Makes me wonder:
What if I was blind and couldn't see if anyone else was taking their shoes off? How would my actions have changed? Would I have been quick to take my shoes off or would I have left them on instead of breaking the status quo?
Like many of you reading this post, if I am honest with myself, I probably wouldn't have worshiped barefoot.
This brings me to the title of my post.
1. Men of God Step Up.
While you like it or not you are an example. Younger men up look to you, women who don't want to disappoint you look up to you.
Whether or not you realize it, you are already a leader. Just because you aren't a good one doesn't mean people aren't already following you.
They will follow you into the darkness if they trust you enough.
That is scary. Thinking that young women today will follow their men into the darkness because they are too afraid to turn away from a man and towards the light, which brings me to my second point:
2. Women of God Be Bold.
You are powerful. Write that on your heart. Don't believe me study Esther.
Your faith is your own. Not your boyfriends. I don't care if he has a perfect chin and always tell you he loves you.
You will always be God's first love.
Live for God according to his will for your life. I am not saying it is bad to date or be in a relationship, but what I am staying is that relationship is lethal to your faith if it prevents you from being obedient to God.
You are a leader too. Others look to you to see what to do.
In conclusion,
Guys and dolls,
You want to change the world?
It starts in your room alone.
On your knees before an infinitely holy God.
Then it goes out into a world with people look to you to see what their actions should be.
Step up and be a leader who leads those around you boldly into the light.
:) i love it when you speak your mind!
ReplyDelete