Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Misguided Ghosts.



Probably my favorite Paramore song. Not just because of  it's raw acoustic sound, but because of it's raw emotion. 

Distance is good for the heart. 
It helps us see the world through a clearer lens.
No longer are views blurred by emotion or habit.

Mistakes aren't the end to all things good, but rather the beginning to better things yet to come.

It is cliche.

Mistakes. 
They're beautiful in a way.

Think back, remember what you consider to be your biggest mistake, the day you wish you could change. 

The memory of that day is unstable and empty. The ground seems to crumble beneath your feet. The terrain is barren. Trees empty of leaves. 

The air is cold, but you don't feel it because you are numb.


Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am in distress. 
      Tears blur my eyes. 
      My body and soul are withering away. 
 I am dying from grief; 
      my years are shortened by sadness. 
   Sin has drained my strength; 
      I am wasting away from within. 

But I am trusting you, O LORD, 
      saying, “You are my God!” 
 My future is in your hands. 
      Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly. 
 Let your favor shine on your servant. 
      In your unfailing love, rescue me. 
(Psalm 31: 9-10, 14-16)


Simply, your past may be a desert, but your future can be an orchard.

Life is not a destination, it is a journey. 
I am learning how beautiful that statement is. 
I can't wait to see where it takes me.
Where God leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment