Friday, February 24, 2012

Still, quietness of the Dawn

Lately I have been waking up early to finish homework and have witnessed the beauty of a new morning dawning. 

There is the peace in this dorm that is typically bustling with life. 
During the day, community is so present that laughing and talking never fully cease. 
But, in the still of the morning there is a quietness that warms my heart. 

The thought that the lovely ladies on my floor that I have grown to love and love more with each day are peacefully slumbering in their beds. Resting their bodies, weary from a day full of striving to serve the Lord in all they do, in preparation for a new day.

There is a holiness in the quietness of my dorm that exists in few places: 
In the quiet of a sanctuary, empty save for yourself. 
In the quiet rhythms of nature, humming worship for the Creator.
And here in the place I have grown to call home 
Among the women I am honored to call my sisters.


Light is sweet; how pleasant to see a new day dawning.
Ecclesiastes 11:7

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Beth! I'm glad you're so happy and finding such amazing things as early-morning calm and wonderful sisters. I'm also impressed that you can get out of bed so early! I wish I were capable of doing that! Maybe someday, when I don't stay up late with friends every night . . .
    Miss you!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete