The men with me saw nothing,
but they were suddenly terrified
and ran away to hide.
So I was left there
all alone to see this
amazing vision.
My strength left me,
my face grew deathly pale,
and I felt very weak.
Then I heard the man speak,
and when I heard the sound of his voice,
I fainted and lay there with my face to the ground.
Just then a hand touched me
and lifted me,
still trembling,
to my hands and knees.
And the man said to me,
“Daniel, you are very precious to God,
so listen carefully to what
I have to say to you.
Stand up,
for I have been sent to you.”
When he said this to me, I stood up, still trembling.
Then he said,
“Don’t be afraid, Daniel.
Since the first day
you began to pray for understanding
and to humble yourself before your God,
your request has been heard in heaven.
I have come in answer to your prayer."
While he was speaking to me,
I looked down at the ground,
unable to say a word.
Then the one who looked like a man
touched my lips, and
I opened my mouth and
began to speak.
I said to
the one
standing in front of me,
“I am filled with anguish
because of the vision
I have seen, my lord, and
I am very weak.
How can someone like me,
your servant,
talk to you,
my lord?
My strength is gone,
and I can hardly breathe.”
Then
the one
who looked like a man
touched me again, and
I felt my strength returning.
“Don’t be afraid,”
he said,
“for you are very precious to God.
Peace!
Be encouraged!
Be strong!”
As he spoke these words to me,
I suddenly felt stronger and said to him,
“Please speak to me, my lord,
for you have strengthened me.”
(Daniel 10:1-12, 15-19)
That's pretty awesome :)
ReplyDelete