Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A good follower makes a good leader.

Fully aware that I am only 21 years old with much to learn I write this post in love to encourage.

Remember when you come home and sit down to a pile of reading 7 books high and a list of names you want to pray for- God is in control.

When it hits you that behind those names are real people remember- God is in control.

If you don't know the answers to their questions, I promise you that He does.

So when the words "I am starting to feel the weight of all this heavy on my shoulders" are on your lips.

Hear His whisper, "This was never your weight to bear."

Hear Jesus say, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:25-30 ESV)

Those people on your prayer list are better off in His hands than yours. He can take care of them, perfectly, and he will use you to do so. Do not switch the roles and try to use Him so that you can take care of them.

When you take something out of God's hands and try to control it yourself, that is sin: stealing. Repent, turn back to The Lord and put it back in His hands. 

Then you will see the impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment