Friday, June 21, 2013

milkshakes & missions.


After work today I drove to Burger King to get my favorite chocolate milkshake. There I am slipping my chocolate milkshake listening to a sermon about a pastor in India who had planted 32 churches and all 32 of them have been burnt down. 50 of his family members have been murdered- killed for their faith and now they are after this pastor.

Driving my car.
Drinking my milkshake.
The sobriety of The Lord touches me in that moment.

I don't know when this sermon was recorded. It could have been years ago...

... still though the gravity of the situation was there with me in the car.

Right now people are being murdered for their faith and so many more are trapped in the kingdom to darkness leading to spiritual death. 

Some have never even heard the name of Jesus.

I understand it may seem like this is all a bit dramatic but I do not live my life with an awareness of what is going on in the lives of other Christians.

I began to pray. Jesus, I am powerless and you are all powerful. Will you send your Holy Spirit without measure to the persecuted. 

I began to pray.

As simple as that. 

In the moment when the sobriety of The Lord hit me I whispered to my Father, would you help them? Would you strengthen them.

Missions is important and needed. 
But there is power in the short, secret prayers that we pray.

In the midst of drinking a milkshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment