Wednesday, November 20, 2013

$5 coincidence

Currently I am sitting at Starbucks with Casey Stevens, working on stuff for the church and sipping coffee. The funny thing about this is because we came to Starbucks to write blog posts (figured it was a better environment for us hipsters).

Casey forgot her wallet, so I offered to pay for her. The funny thing is that the total of our drinks came out to an even $5. Now I drink a lot of coffee, but my drink order has never come out to an even $5.

This little coincidence lends itself well to my asking you to purchase a 1Life bracelet through this post.

Our coffee total was $5.
A 1Life bracelet cost $5.

What I am asking you to do is really quite simple. It is used in persuasion all the time to get people to commit to small donations:

This week skip a cup of coffee and buy a 1Life bracelet.

Even though this ask doesn’t seem any different from the other causes that clog your timelines, humor me in be willing to see it as different.

I have seen God ask prayers. He is faithful. That I know to be true. That I can testify too.

Prayer is powerful.

Purchasing this $5 bracelet will help build a house for a family in Guatemala.
It will also help you to remember to be in prayer for the team.

So there it is simply.

Please, purchase a bracelet as a reminder to pray for our team while they are on the trip from December 14-22. 

No comments:

Post a Comment