And she vowed a vow and said, "O Lord of hosts, if you will indeed look on the affliction of your servant and remember me and not forget your servant, but will give to your servant a son, then I will give him to the LORD all the days of his life, and no razor shall touch his head."
1 Samuel 1:11
I long to be more like Hannah.
She is a Woman who truly fears the Lord. She approached him as a humble servant.
What strength.
Hannah was unable to have children and felt like a failure.
In her moment of weakness when she was not eating and could not keep from weeping she cried out to God.
She asked him for the thing she desired most and then promised to give it back God if it was given to her.
Even in asking for our her desires, she still promised to serve God.
After reading this I couldn't help but wonder- what have I promised to God?
I love Him, but I set aside what I think to be enough for Him, a portion of my paycheck every two weeks and a portion of my time each day.
But I wonder, what difference would it make if I asked God for more in order to return it all back to Him.
All of it.
Hannah did and what happened? Her prayer of sorrow was transformed into a prayer of praise in the chapter (1 Samuel 2: 1-10).
If I am seeking joy and fullness to comes in emptying my wallet and opening my arms.
It comes in serving God.
I desire to live for Him more than I live for the world.
I want to be like Hannah.
me too!
ReplyDelete