Friday, December 9, 2011

My Dad

I know all of my posts up until this point have been based off of scripture or some Christian experience I got, but tonight's is gonna be a little different. I want to tell you about one of the men in my life that has really encouraged my faith and helped me to grow into the Woman of God I am today.

That's my Dad.

Tonight my Dad and I went on what I would like to call a Daddy Date. When went the see the play "A Christmas Carol" (my Dad's favorite), took a walk down the main street in town, and then went to dinner.

I don't think I stopped talking all night.
Seriously. I don't.
(Except for during the play of course because that would have just been rude.)

And you know what? My Dad never once stopped listening. I swear I could talk for 4 hours straight and my Dad would sit there and listen to every word that came out of my mouth. It doesn't even matter what I am saying, he just cares so much about me that he wants to hear about everything going on in my life.

I felt so important tonight because my Dad truly cared about every story I told him, big and small, short and long alike.

I am honored to have a father who takes the time to listen to me. So often I take that for granted.
I feel like I look for more opportunities to complain than I do to rejoice.

I should rejoice more.
For things like a sale on candy canes, or picking a friend up from the airport. A warm house, food in my belly.
SNOW!
Seeing a play, a walk with my dad, and staying long after we had finished eating to finish our conversation.

So, thanks Dad. Thanks for the memories we made tonight! (Thanks for dinner!! It was delicious.) Thanks for the long talk, all the encouragement.
Thanks for all the times you have prayed for me over my 19 years on year and even before I was born.
Thanks for the cards you send me at school.
For teaching me how to grow tomatoes and prune trees.
For teaching me how to pray, love the Lord, be reverent.
For teaching me about service and love.
For singing with me in the car and answering a billion questions (both when I was young and now).

I haven't told you thank you enough for all you have done, but truth is, God really blessed me when He gave me to you and Mom. He knew that I would need parents who supported me and stood behind me. I can't think of a single time when you and Mom weren't there cheering me on, buying me flowers, or congratulating me.

In summary- I am really blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment